Write Thank You Note: It isn’t the happy people who are thankful but it is the thankful people who are contented and happy
Gratitude has the power to transform ordinary days into Thanksgiving, turn routine jobs into joy and change ordinary offerings into blessings. Probably, that is the psychology behind Thanksgiving day being celebrated in western countries like US, UK, Canada during different times establishing expression of acknowledgment not just as a manner but a mandatory custom. Conveying fervor appreciation and recognition of efforts put forth depicts your sense of obligation towards the maintenance of sturdy relationships thereby offering a flourishing career with better opportunities. A word of gratitude expressed, leads to better perspectives of creating links with professionals thereby increasing your credibility and also giving them an opportunity to perceive your image as a trustworthy person capable of going out of the way to maintain personal relations which adds icing to cake of your qualifications, experience and expertise apart from your professional work ethos which might be reflected through your working style.
See Career Path
Who deserves thanks and Why?
- Employers, employment contacts, and references surely deserve to be honored and recognized for their precious time and invincible efforts even if the interaction could not lead you to win a job bargain. It would definitely not be a fruitless endeavor as it would enable you develops resilient contacts which would not, of course, secure your future but could eventually lead to a scintillating probability since it would develop transparency in relations strengthening your bond lending a personal touch. Although it might be their profession but not an obligation to consider you as an esteemed candidate against the position after shortlisting you amongst the cluster of emails received for the profile advertised. Ultimately, time decides who you meet in life, your heart decides who you want in life and your behavior decides who stay in your life. Hence inculcate the habit of conveying thanks while moving on with the proceedings of various rounds and after the completion of the final round for the job interview to develop professional relationships.
- You should also send a thank-you note after an informational interview, when someone takes the ownership of providing you a referral or information, or whenever someone renders time out of their engagements to make themselves available for you.
- We are living in the 21st century where there is no dearth of medium for the expression of thoughts and for maintenance of professional contacts. A hand-written or typed note expressing utmost gratitude could be sent by mail or other media of communication as per your convenience and circumstance. But if you are efficient enough to manage time and resources, could send personalized notes in the form of cards, bouquets or souvenirs which would build goodwill and constantly be a reminder of the form of trust and bonding shared amongst both of you. However, if you are vivacious, could deliver thanks through direct personal interaction on chats or mobiles
What should I include in my thank-you note?
- Address the interviewer by using titles along with their surnames/names to display the feeling of adoration and gratefulness.
- Transparency and genuineness based on previous interactions should be incorporated and reflected in relationships.
- Statement of appreciation for the opportunity provided.
- A brief restatement of qualifications, skills acquired along with certifications or programs you are pursuing and the time period required for their completion to enable him to consider your candidature for the probable opportunities you would be eligible for.
- Additional skills which you might have failed to mention and would be interested in highlighting
- Expression of substantial interest in the opportunities provided apart from a different profile not otherwise stated in your resume.
- Regular follow up on any websites, books, articles or contacts mentioned.
- Date and time of availability as stated for discussions on related topics.
- Personal interaction once a month depending on his availability and schedule.
Thank You for Patiently reading this . . . .