Improve your chance of getting selected by preparing answers to common interview questions
Get ready for getting hired with common interview questions, questions to ask the employer, and illegal interview questions.
Common interview questions
- Tell me about yourself.
- Tell me about your education.
- How do others describe you?
- Why are you interested in working for this company?
- Why have you chosen this particular field?
- Describe your best/worst boss/teacher
- In a job, what interests you most/least?
- Why are you interested in changing your job?
- Give an example of how you solved a problem in the past.
- What are your strengths?
- What is your major weakness?
- Give an example where you showed leadership and initiative.
- What do you consider your best accomplishment in your last job?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
- Think about something you consider a failure in your life, and tell me why you think it happened.
- Give an example of when you were able to contribute to a team project.
- How do you think you will fit into this profile?
- If you were hired, how could you contribute to the position or our company?
- What have you done to develop or change in the last few years?
- Do you have any questions for me?
Questions to ask the employer | Common Interview Questions
- How well is the position defined?
- Can the duties be expanded?
- Please describe an average day on this job.
- Why is it vacant?
- What is the history of the position?
- What are the responsibilities and accountabilities of this position?
- What aspects of this job would you like to see performed better?
- What are the key challenges or problems of this position?
- Where can I go from here, assuming that I meet/exceed the job responsibilities?
- How would you describe the ideal candidate?
- What are some outside influences that affect company growth?
- What are the employer’s short- and long-range objectives?
- Where does the company excel? What are its limitations?
- What are the performance standards?
- When and how will I be evaluated?
- With whom would I be working?
- Who would be my supervisor?
- What is the department’s environment like?
- When will you make the hiring decision?
- May I call you for the decision?
Illegal questions | Common Interview Questions
- What is your spouse’s name or what she does?
- Have you ever filed a Workers’ Compensation claim or been injured on the job?
- Do you have any health conditions that would prevent you from performing the job?
- Have you ever been arrested?
- What is your height/weight?
- Have you ever been hospitalized?
- If so, for what condition?
- Have you ever been treated by a psychiatrist or psychologist?
- If so, for what condition?
- How many days were you absent from work because of illness last year?
- Are you taking any prescribed drugs?
- Have you ever been treated for drug addiction or alcoholism?
Please follow and like us: